Wednesday 26 December 2012

Proposed Comedy Sketch....


 Mike: Hi, you’re speaking to Mike. How may I help you?
 You: My account is locked - can you explain why that is?
 Mike: No worries, I'll look into this for you. 
 Mike: First, I will need to verify your account in compliance with our standard procedures. To do this, I will ask you some questions regarding your account.
 Mike: Can you please verify your full name, date of birth, complete address with post code, email address, and the answer to the security question on the account?
 You: ***full address etc given at this point***
  You: Not sure what the security question is
 Mike: I understand. Upon checking the account, the restriction prevents me from providing you the Security Question.
 Mike: Please verify the answer to the Security Question without any hints. 
 You: You're kidding, aren't you?
 Mike: I'm sorry however, we have restricted the use of your account because of an attempt to access it from a location that we have not seen associated with it before. 
 Mike: As a security measure we require you to verify yourself before we will unlock it. 
 You: Fine. If you ask me the security question, I'm sure I'll be able to answer it.
 Mike: I'm sorry, Rory. However, I'm unable to provide you the Security Question due to the restriction on the account. 
 Mike: If you would not be able to verify the answer, then we would need a copy of your photo ID, utility bill issued within the last 6 months and front and back copies of the card you have on file. 
 Mike: Please forward all of the following scanned or photo captured documents as attachments to documents@willhill.com in .JPEG format.
 You: How can I possibly verify I'm the account holder if you refuse to ask me the security question? That's what security questions are for, isn't it? You ask a question which I answer.
 Mike: I can understand your point there. Security Questions are asked in normal situations, however, we are very keen in regards to Account Security. 
 Mike: Unless you are able to verify the answer, kindly send in copies of the advised documents to documents@willhill.com in JPEG format in order for us to clear the restriction on the account. 
 You: How can I verify an answer to a question which doesn't appear to exist? Or are you suggesting that asking the security question actually constitutes a breach of security?
 Mike: I completely understand where you are coming from, Rory. Then again, we would need to follow this process to make sure that your account information is not compromised. 
 Mike: It's been a while since I last heard from you. Are we still connected?
 You: Yes, just reeling from the conversation. Can you explain exactly what you mean by "an attempt to access it from a location that we have not seen associated with it before". 
 Mike: Please be advised that login history are recorded in our system. The account was locked since a device used to try to sign in to the account was detected, which is completely different from what you normally use to login. 
 You: What does that mean in plain terms, and why is it suspicious?
 Mike: In plain terms, it is not a devise or computer or a location where you normally access the account. If that is the case, then we lock the account for security reasons. 
 Mike: Now unless we have completely verified the person who is trying to lift the account restrictions, the lock will remain. 
 Mike: Hence, we require full verification of the details of the account straight forward. Else, sending in documents would be required. 
 You: So if I used an internet cafe to access my account, for example, you'd consider that a security breach?
 Mike: There are certain parameters we consider in this matter. 
 Mike: Further details in regards to how we detect these activities are classified. 
 Mike: At this point, would there be anything else I can help you with?
 Mike: Please be advised that I will have to end this session if no response is received in 1 minute.
 Mike: I will now end this chat session due to no response received. Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail at support@willhill.com or via our Live Chat facility. We are here to assist you 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment